Sunday, July 22, 2007

No News . . . Good News!

Han Tsai-Yi's first hearing has come and gone. The date was July 18th, and haven't heard a thing from our agency. As they told us before, no news is good news. The judge then will make his first ruling, which could happen any day now or in 2 months. You just don't know!

After the first ruling, the birth mother has 10 days to sign a document relinquishing all rights to the child. The final ruling is then sent out and I can travel!!! So, again, we don't know when exactly this will be, but we're hoping this fall!

Something happened this weekend that I found very cute . . . the kids and I were in downtown Naperville along w/ 1000's of Harry Potter Fans for the "Harry Potter Book Sale Fest" and Olivia saw a little Chinese girl. She couldn't be more than 18 months old, and Olivia said to me, " Look Mom, it's Tsai-Yi!!! I thought it was so cute! :)

You're all probably wondering if we're keeping her name Tsai-Yi (pronounced kai-yee), and we are as her middle name . . . we will announce the first name very soon! Most likely after the first ruling has been finalized. Stay tuned . . . . .

4 comments:

Priya Rose said...

Hi Bret & Nicole.
This is the hardest wait. Keep the faith. I'm sure thing will work out and hopefully fast!!! She is so sweet. We wish you the very best and all the happiness.

The Lemon Family.

Cole said...

I'm sure no news is good news. Our agency assures us that bad news travels fast. I am sure you will hear some court news soon! I know you must be anxious to get her home. We are awaitng news that we have entered the courts or have a hearing scheduled so we are with you pulling our hair out while we wait :) I'll be thinking about your family and praying things move along.

Nicole H.
http://hughes2ndadoption.blogspot.com

Sherry said...

Oh I cant wait for the "BIG NAME REVEAL"! LOL! Come on 1st Ruling! :)

Hubers said...

I can't wait to know what name you choose! I'm so glad to hear you guys doing so well with the wait. Good for you.

Much love from the sleep-deprived Huber household . . .