Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Deep Freeze in the Midwest!!!

I know it's been a while since I've posted. I have to say, I've been slightly cold!  December, we had THE SNOW and January we have the DEEP FREEZE!  It's been so cold, I can't even explain it.  Yes, I still go out-it doesn't keep me from bundling up and braving the elements . . . you have to get out of the house when you have 3 small children or you WILL go batty! :)  But, please remind me again, WHY do i live here?Why must we have to suffer for 3-4 months every year in this cold?!?   One of my best friends lives in Hawaii . . . I think I may join her!





To break up the monotony of cold, wintry January,  a friend and I drove down to Springfield . . .NO-not to visit Blago . . . but to visit my dear friend B and her kids.  They had a great time together!

This picture was taken before going to church on Sunday-all dressed up!



6 comments:

Missy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Missy said...

Ugh, sorry about the crappy weather. We are supposed to get a storm tonight.

OK...where did you get the girl's dresses??

Sorry that was me above ^ I accidently deleted my comment :)

Lisa said...

LOVE the darling dresses on your girls! All 3 of your sweet peas look so cute!

AND yeah, how about that cold? Ugh! We are just like you though...bundling up for that 20 or 30 minutes of fresh air...even the dog has been wearing a coat! LOL Seriously.... I had that same discussion yesterday with another Mom at school about why we live up here. :) Course I do love the seasons, just not the extremes I suppose!

Hey, next time you hit Springfield take in the Lincoln museum...its surprisingly kiddo friendly!
Thanks for the udpate...always fun to read!
Lisa C.
P.S. Hey we might hit the low 40's by the weekend....crack out the shorts! tee-hee

rachel said...

CUTE!!!! love the kids' outfits.

you guys have had a rough winter -- i heard it was the coldest on record. hang in there.

so glad you were able to go visit a friend!

Jessica Paige said...

I hear you about the weather, we are digging ourselves out of 10 inches of snow...ugh!

Stay warm! I'm dreaming of sun, sandy beaches and blue water too :)

Your kiddos look adorable!

Best!
Jess

Staci said...

I wish it wasn't so cold for you guys! You should go see your friend in Hawaii!!! The kiddos look so cute, love the dresses.
Staci