Sunday, February 8, 2009

Lunar New Years Celebration

I've been working on my photography lately-well at least taking pictures on "manual" vs. "auto," although, i still don't completely get it.  The class I was taking didn't help much either-i'm hoping to learn more by default.  I took these most recent pictures yesterday before attending our playgroups Lunar New Years Celebration.  It has actually been slightly warmer outside, so the kids were able to run around outside a bit.




I like this picture of G below watching the dance celebration w/ all the girls and their black hair and striking red bows


Here are some random photos I caught of the children running around in their beautiful dresses-it was very colorful!

This picture was taken right before the Dragon Parade started-all the children were lined up with their little drums.
One of the moms was helping pass out red envelopes to all the children
I kept trying to photograph this little girl-i found her to be so adorable!  This was the best picture i could get as she was on the move!
This little boy, M, was also adopted from Taiwan-he has the sweetest little face-i couldn't get enough of him! I actually met him and his parents 6 months ago randomly at a Thai/Vietnamese restaurant.  When I saw him, i just knew he was a fellow Taiwanese friend.
G made friends with a little boy.  It was so cute-they were playing "who can catch the football the fastest!"
K & M were mesmerized by the Dragon-i caught this picture of them staring up at him.  It was funny to see since K was originally frightened by him.

8 comments:

QingLu Mama said...

Great pictures, Nicole! I love the New Year outfits your little ones are wearing! It looks like they had a great time and made lots of great friends. And all three are so photogenic, it must be a blast for you to take pics of them!
Jennifer

rachel said...

GREAT photos! they were all so beautiful! you are a talented photographer!

what a fabulous celebration!

rachel said...

i'm back to say i love the first picture of O -- her eyes are just stunning! i love the third pic of K and the one of O underneath it. i also like the one of G looking at the bows! again, awesome photos!

Sue said...

All three of your children looked wonderful!! I don't think I saw G's outfit but it is very nice. K looked simply adorable in her red qipao! Glad we got to celebrate together!

Casey said...

Great pictures!!! You did a great job capturing sweet and unique moments.

Casey :-)

Lisa said...

Beautiful photos! I think you have a good eye! The NY outfits were all so striking but not more so than the gorgeous children!
What a small world to have remet a little man from Taiwan....that gave me goosebumps!
Hugs,
Lisa

Missy said...

I love your photos Nicole! It looks like you all had a great time.

Jessica Paige said...

Great pics! Looks like fun...My kids talk about the new years celebration all year! They love it too :)