Friday, March 6, 2009

Legoland & The Great Cookie Capers!

Hello! I know it's been a long time since I last "blogged."  I'll admit, i've been a little lazy.  I think it's the nasty, cold weather-so not motivating to do anything! But, today is nearly 70 degrees and i'm feeling upbeat-so i thought i'd catch up on some blogging while K is napping!
Recently, my girlfriend and I took our kids to "Legoland!"  No, not the one in San Diego (been there-it's awesome), this one is in Schaumburg, IL-much smaller/all indoors-but fun!
I posted several pictures from that day!
 Mini-legoland-this is part of "Millenium Park" in Chicago at night!
When I used my flash inside-it reflected on the legos.
This is G looking at "Darth Vader!"  He was too afraid to get a picture with him-but since he's a "STAR WARS" fanatic, he thought it was pretty cool.



Where else can you go and the children play constructively-it's great!
G & W-BEST FRIENDS!
Such concentration
Quick story-this lego statue was a little odd-it would make flatulent sounds periodically-the kids thought it was a riot-the parents, not so much.  From the last picture-you can tell he had just "tooted."


The great cookie snatchers!  This was the crime scene the other day while i left the room for a few minutes.  I came back into the kitchen and found the following . . .  chairs properly placed in position to reach the cookie jar . . .
The cookie jar!
BUSTED!

They were actually hiding under the dining room table eating their treasure! Sneaky little ones i tell 'ya!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

OH Nicole....I'm so happy to see this post! I've missed ya! :) AND I'm doing the very same thing...wore out the baby with all the AWESOME outside play earlier, shuttled the Big Sis off to school and now its bloggy time! LOL

Can't believe I'm the first to comment!

I have been wanting to get to Lego-land so I'm happy to see what fun awaits us! It looks terrific, especially with buddies along!

Love the pics.....the tooting statue.....hilarious!! Ah, the wonders of technology! ;)
O.K., let's get back out there for some more sunshine and warm breezes while they last!!
Happy weekend!
Lisa C.

Casey said...

Wow, fantastic pictures!!!
Okay, I think we may head to that Lego Land in a few weeks for spring break. You want to meet me there??? I would love for K and A to meet. :-)

Casey

loffer said...

My ten year old son would absolutely love this! What fun!!!

Lora

Sue said...

What a fun spot!!! We have yet to go, but looking at these pics makes me want to head out this weekend!
The cookie photos are just too funny! :0

rachel said...

nicole, that is a great story about your two little criminals! :) jude yesterday got into a bag of white sugar. he said he and indi were craving "something sweet"!

lego land looks like every kid's dream! very cool! wish we had one here.

jen said...

Nicole, Wow I can't believe the kids are getting so big! What a beautiful family! Glad you are all having so much fun.
jen