Wednesday, October 3, 2007

And then there was one night left . . .

Well, this is my final blog for awhile . . . at least until I get there! I will be leaving tomorrow morning to pick up our little girl! I can't wait-I'm soooo excited. A little nervous as I'll be flying to the OTHER SIDE of the EARTH!!! It really is odd to think how far I'll be travelling. That's the hardest part, being SOOO far away from Brett, Olivia and Graham. :(

Luckily, with today's technology they can track my trip via the blog! I will try to update it as much as I can. I was telling Brett as I was packing that I have more chargers in my suitcase than clothes! I swear, someone should invent one charger for the video camera, ipod, digital camera, lap top, cell phone and head phones! Because that's a lot of chargers! :)

I have to send a "shout out" to my fellow "JOH Yahoo Board" gals-I swear, I don't know if I could have made it through this whole adventure without all your help, support and advice! I've made some great friendships via this group: Laura from NY, Cat from Boston, Jennifer from Denver, Jen, Anne Marie from Chicago, Andrea, Tara, Melanie, Lisa, Tish, Bethany, Kristie, Abbey & Jeff, Sheila from Naperville, I-Chwen & Kevin, Anna . . .ohhh, the list could go on. I just love you guys-you've been soooooo great!!!

And, of course Lisa!!! I've had so much fun talking w/ you all the time on the phone about our adventures-Hajime is sooo cute and I'm so happy you're on your way home now-happy travels!

Lastly, I want to say I'm sooo happy my mom is doing well-her results came back looking Great, so we are all truly blessed! I wish you were travelling w/ me, but really, you are in my heart! :)

Love,
Nicole

5 comments:

Texan in Taiwan said...

Have a GREAT trip!! Please post pics as soon as you can... I'm living vicariously through you right now :)

jen said...

Aww, Nicole, we love you too! Can't wait to see pics of you and Kaiya! We are also so happy your mom is doing well!

jen in NJ
(JOH)

Mom said...

This has truly been a journey and so wonderful reading about it this past year and I am so sorry I can't be with you on the last leg of it. One never knows what life has in store for you but it looks like I will be one of the lucky ones. It was a rough past 2 weeks but with you by me all the way I feel as though I am the luckiest Mom in the world to have you as a daughter. I am truly blessed. We will have you in our heart and will think of you and Susan as you travel to the other side of the world. Have a wonderful and safe trip and give Kaiya a big kiss from her Gramma.
Love you very much, Mom

JEff said...

Thanks for the shout out. We're so glad you made it safely and can't wait for you to have the experience of a lifetime! We can't wait to go back and do it again.

Just Us said...

Nicole, been out of town and trying to catch up on your blog. Thanks for the shout out!