Monday, October 8, 2007

GOTCHA DAY!!!

Today was the most amazing day ever!!! I was a BUNDLE of nerves driving to Taichung, but as soon as I stepped out of the car and saw the foster mother holding little Tsai-Yi, the nerves disappeard! She is a total bundle of joy!!! She has so much personality!!! She smiles and laughs and is soooo close to walking, literally in the few hours we've been back at the hotel, she's almost mastered it! She loves to crawl under her crib and the desk. She gets into everything!!! So curious!
I couldn't have asked for a happier, healthier more inquisitive little girl!!! I would love to post pictures with the foster mother, but due to privacy I will not . . .but she is the most amazing person!!
As I walked into her home, there was a beautiful shrine set up with incense burning and she was sooo loving towards Kaiya. Tears came to her eyes as I hugged her and we had to say goodbye. I couldn't thank her enough as she kept smiling so big and you could tell she really loved Kaiya. She kept telling me how Kaiya is such a "happy little girl, so happy!" She even said she loves music and likes to dance!
Fion, our guide has been wonderful-soooo helpful, soooo patient and sooo kind! I was able to go upstairs and sign the infamous JOH wall, I will post those pictures later since they were taken on Susan's computer.


Samantha from TWCA, Fion and I w/Kaiya. They are
wonderful help and are wonderful people!!!











At the infamous "baby store!"





She's going to walk any day now!!! Taking lots of steps!!

7 comments:

JEff said...

What a happy baby! And mommy! I'm so glad you have her in your arms now. It made me cry, and remember our first moments with Reed...priceless! We are so happy for you. Reed stopped playing and listened very intently when I played the videos. Congrats! Abbey

Hubers said...

Oh Nicole! I am crying with joy as I read this and have goosebumps all over!!! I am SOOOOOO happy for you all! I can't WAIT to meet Kaiya! You can just see how happy she is to be with her mommy at last--and vice versa. Have a safe trip home and we'll talk to you soon!

xoxoxo lia

Kevin said...

Wow... what a happy little girl.. and look at her move!

I hope your first night is going well.

Kevin

jen said...

Nicole, Kaiya is just adorable! I love the way she sticks out her tongue like she is concentrating so hard. You have that glowy new-mom look! I also LOL when the camera went sideways at the end of that video clip - is it just something about the gravity in Taiwan that makes all the videos go sideways? =)

jen (JOH)

Just Us said...

Nicole...Kaiya is so beautiful. I just love the huge smile on your face when you held her for the first time. It made my heart melt!!! And love that baby store..and can't wait to go there and do some major damage : ).

Kristie

Desperate Housemommy said...

So very, very happy for you! We watched the videos for the first time with Brett at your place...this couldn't have happened to a more deserving family. Can't wait to meet that little angel and give her a squeeze! :) See you soon-

-Sue

Texan in Taiwan said...

Wow!! She is GORGEOUS!!! Sooo happy for you guys! Bet daddy is insanely jealous - poor daddy!

Give her lots of hugs and kisses!

We're right behind you... if we can find a hotel room. BTW, did you see any other babies?