Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tweeter the Bird!

Update 2!! They've hatched just yesterday! So exciting-i'll post pictures later-busy day.  HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL!!

Update! No news to share yet on Mrs. Tweeter.  Her 3 little eggs are still nestled in her nest-i'll be sure to post as soon as we see a crack! :)  Anyone know how long it takes from when the eggs are laid to when they hatch?

 It's getting harder and harder to post more regularly.  I feel like I've been driving here and driving there to swim lessons, preschool, gymnastics, carpools, health club . . . the list goes on and on.  Summer is coming and my goal is to not over schedule myself . . . but for some reason, i feel like the calender is filling up fast!

Anyhow, I have to share our "Tweeter" story with you.  The other day I looked out my bedroom window on our 2nd floor and i saw this perfectly built nest! It amazes me what birds can build!  Next, I saw a little Robin sitting so nicely in her nest.
The next day while she was out flying around, i noticed 1 little blue egg! It looked so perfect like a Cadbury Egg! :)
Later that day, there were 2 . . . . then the next day . . .3!  
The kids are getting a kick out of it-it's so neat to be able to see a bird and her nest so close.  Momma bird is so cute.
My oldest daughter decided to call her "Tweeter!"  



I will keep you updated on Momma Tweeter's baby birds.


6 comments:

Melissa said...

That is so Cool! Honestly, I love wildlife and would have killed for that to happen on a window on our house. I can't wait till the eggs hatch. Keep posting pictures.

Jessica Paige said...

Wow, that would be so cool to find and share with the kiddos...just wait until those eggs hatch :)

I understand about posting, I have a gard time myself. I can usually just get pictures or text, hard to find the time to get both.

Best,
Jess

Ally said...

How cool is that! My kids would be all about that too. Thanks for sharing.

rachel said...

nicole that is so cool! thanks so much for sharing!!!!! beautiful, pictures, too, as always!

hey, next time your husband comes to austin, you should come along, too! there's lots to do and it would be fun to meet up!

happy weekend! keep us posted on tweeter and babies!

rachel said...

hey n,
i googled it and read that robins' eggs take 12-14 days to hatch after the last egg was laid.
r

Staci said...

How cool is that to find a nest with eggs!!

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for your awesome comments. They have helped me SO much. It's such a relief to know there are other Mama's out there who have been through the same stuff.

Big hugs to you!
Staci