Friday, June 29, 2007

Hearing Date Set!

So, I got back from my early morning jog and popped on the computer to check for any updates and saw that I had an email from Tien titled "Court Hearing Date" Now, I was so excited, especially since you usually don't get notified of your first hearings this quickly. Even Tien stated in her email she was surprised, but the date of Han Tsai-Yi's first hearing is July 18th!

During the court hearing, the birth mother will appear in front of the judge and confirm her adoption will. After this, the judge signs our first ruling b/t 1-3 months, and then our final ruling should arrive about 1-2 months later. As soon as the Program has our final ruling, then they will be able to tell me when I can travel, which is usually a few weeks later. So, I'm hoping maybe by November? December the latest!
We're very excited w/ this news, a great way to start the 4th of July weekend! :)

3 comments:

Kevin said...

Yay! Congrats! Not only do things seem to be going fast but November would be a great time to go to Taiwan. Cool weather and cheaper plane tickets too... It's win, win and win!

Cheers - Kevin

Hubers said...

That's fantastic you guys!!! Congrats!!!

xo lia

Sherry said...

Thats great news! Hopefully you can travel sooner then that & pick up your beautiful bambino:) You must be blessed with a quick judge! (After hearing I picked up Kobi in under 2 mo of course I waited a long time to get too that point:) I'll keep fingers & toes crossed for ya!