Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Back from California . . .






Hello! Well, we all just got back from California last week-it was a wonderful trip! Brett was on business and my mom and the kids and I flew out a few days later for fun! It was wonderful having my mom with us!! Visited with some delightful people all giving their well wishes and congratulations on our referral!



We visited with a long time girlfriend, Sara and her son, Aram which was a delight! The kids had fun playing on the beach and flying their kite!





Monday, after getting back into town, I drove to Chicago and had all our adoption ppwk authenticated through the Secretary of State office, then dropped them off at the TECO office (Taipei Economic & Cultural Office) which then forwards them to our adoption agency. THEN, the agency translates everything (our homestudy, our applications, etc.) into Taiwanese and sends it to Taiwan. It is called a DOSSIER. Once it arrives in Taiwan, it goes directly to the courts and we await our first hearing!

That's all I know thus far on how the process begins . . . I will fill you in when I hear more! Again, we anticipate a 4-6 month wait to travel. We are hoping to get updates on little Han Tsai-Yi very soon. The agency expects updates of pictures, videos and measurements approximately once a month. So, everyday, I patiently check my computer email praying for an update!!!

Very soon we will be able to send her a care package which we're excited about! I've already bought a few outfits and toys! :)

No comments: