Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The GREAT Pumpkin has arrived!

Willow & K
K just loves Willow as you can tell-she loves to give her hugs all the time.  Willow is THE Best dog ever! She's 6 years old and the biggest lover!  Bernese Mountain Dogs are very big, but as i always say-Gentle Giants!
We love you Willow!!!


My friend, Rachel from Dan & Rachel's Blog shared a GREAT idea on how to get rid of ALL that Halloween Candy.  Basically, we told the children that they could each pick out 5 pieces of candy to keep . . . and the rest would be set in a bowl and left on the front doorstep for . . . . the GREAT PUMPKIN!  The Great Pumpkin would take it with him and leave little presents for each child.
Well, let me tell you-it was a GREAT idea-thanks Rachel!  The kids were so excited for the Great Pumpkin to come.  The next morning, O was the first one up to see what the Pumpkin left her!  Now, Daddy and I have to toss it all away so i don't gain another 5 lbs! :)

Each little gift.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, you did it & it sounds like it went GREAT! :) I think it is an amazing idea too, but we may have to try it for next year! Now I'm walking extra each day to work off those treats! LOL
Your sweet pooch is incredible and I loved the pics. of K snuggling up....so precious!
Thanks so much for sharing!
Lisa C.
P.S. I know you asked about where we lived....I hated to post that info. on my blog, but I did share on our board blog roll call! I think we may be in the same state!! :)

rachel said...

that is too cool! what great little gifts! i love the pic of the pumpkin and the candy! i'm glad you posted this!!!! thanks for sharing!

Rebecca Lily said...

I saw this on Dan & Rachel's blog and thought it was such a great idea!! Maybe ya'll will start a new Halloween tradition!!!!! :)

Casey said...

That is such a great idea!! And I just love the pictures of your dog.

Casey :-)

Ivy Shaffer said...

Oh how cute can this get! Your daughter is sooooo beautiful, no wonder she was a ladybug!
Thank you for stopping by and saying such hi, just love meeting new people, with dogs too!
Aren't big dogs the best!!! Looks like your pup is as fierce as mine! Yep he's a watch dog alright, watchin all the food the baby keeps dropping and an occasional squirrel that runs up the tree!
Bernese Mtn dogs are magnificent!

Come visit again. I'll post more pics, they are my favorite photos of the doggie and baby.

Hugs from NJ

Ivy

Ivy Shaffer said...

OOH thanks for the idea about the candy!

What a fabulous idea!

I must get out more often...