Sunday, November 30, 2008

Photos, photos and more photos


I visit a wonderful website/blog called "we picture this" Mamarazzi Site.  You can find the link on the side of my blog.  It's a great place to catch beautiful photos.  They pick a new theme each month and the contributors post photos that relate to that theme.
This month is "Eyes" and since I cannot yet contribute to the actual site, I'm able to post my interpretation of "eyes" on my blog. 
I took this photo of my dear daughter this summer as she was holding a caterpillar in her hand.  
The camera I shot this photo with is a basic Sony Cyber-Shot (nothing fancy).
I just love this photo b/c her eyes are so big and blue and honest.  She loves bugs and loved looking for caterpillars this summer.


Thanksgiving at Grandma & Grandpa's



 



So, I got a new camera this weekend and am so excited to play with it!  The first thing i noticed in the difference of my pictures was the color.  The colors seem so much richer!  I'm hoping to learn a lot from this camera and try to capture the best pictures i possibly can!  These are the first pictures I took on Saturday at my niece's Birthday party.  

It was amazing the difference a year makes.  K has been with us a little over a year and she has opened up to everyone!  As soon as we arrived at the party, she was off!  She let everyone and anyone hold her-so loving, so fun and not shy at all!  Very different a year ago when she wouldn't leave my side!

Aunt B & K
Cousins O & E (who turned 8!)

Cousin E was reading to K-it was sooo cute!
G w/ a blue frosting! Mmmmmmmm!

We kicked off the Christmas Season this weekend by watching "Charlie Browns Christmas" A favorite!  O drew the picture below after the movie was over. I thought the similarity was striking! :)  Notice Snoopy saying "woof!"



We took our annual Christmas photo today-took lots of shots w/ the new camera!  I will post the official Christmas card shot on Christmas Day, so as not to spoil to those receiving a card. :)  But, these below were a few fun shots as they started to get giddy.  The best feature on this camera is rapid shooting-so i can hold the button down and it shoots and shoots and shoots-never missing a good shot! 
I thought these two pictures were fun!



8 comments:

Shelle said...

Nicole,
Your children are beautiful! I can't wait to see more of your photos. You are going to love your XSi!

Michelle J. (from mamarazzi)

Lisa said...

Gosh, your posts are just plain fun & a little fancy too!( Love those matching outfits/tops on your beautiful girls!) :)
The black & white photos are so striking & could easily be sent in your holiday cards this year! Gorgeous!
And Miss Blue Eyes is lovely...where oh where did the summer go? :)
My L wanted me to tell your O that she "digs the Charlie Brown picture"! Big thumbs up!
Lisa C.

rachel said...

nicole,
you have to post more frequently, but in smaller increments so we can soak it all in! :)

i love your holiday photos. i also did *not* post the photo we're sending to friends and family as to not ruin the surprise! :)

i LOVE the "eyes" picture. so beautiful! i am jealous about your new camera! our camera has such a lag! it's a real bummer. we've missed so many great shots because of it!

it looks like you guys had a great thanksgiving and i am so glad that k's warmed up to everyone. i am sure your fam must really love it, too! :)

oh yeah, and charlie brown christmas -- we've been reading the book but haven't shown the kids the film yet. i hope to do that soon too. O's pic was just adorable. you will definitely have to hold on to that one!

Mary and Bob: said...

A beautiful blog, Nicole! You do a great job of mixing pics and video. Adorable kids.

Casey said...

I agree, your posts are just so fun to read! Such beautiful children.

Casey

Just Us said...

great shots with the new camera, but of course you have beautiful kids that make terrific subjects : )

Sue said...

Beautiful photos!!! LOVE the pic of O with the caterpillar! Which camera did you get? Thanks for linking the site - I just got a dslr and need all the tips I can get!

Julie said...

Great pictures! Wow, I so need a new camera.